JJ Rettura, CIC
Operations Manager - x400
What are you reading right now?
- I am listening to “The Grapes of Wrath” by John Steinbeck
- What’s your favorite family tradition?
- Christmas Eve and Pig Day. Christmas Eve everyone gets together at my parents, we eat all the traditional 7 fishes, drink wine, tell stories, and laugh. “Pig Day” is where our whole family gets together and we make traditional southern Italian sausages, capicola, and prosciutto.
- Been anywhere recently for the first time?
- Traveled to Denver to see Tyler Childers play at Red Rocks. What an amazing venue and show, check that one off my bucket list.
- What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
- Every year we travel to a family friends camp in the mountains of West Virginia., The week is spent locked away from civilization sitting in the river, visiting the lookouts and meditating, and putting puzzles together. This is one of those places so beautiful it is no doubt truly touched by God himself.
- What kind of pet do you have, and how did you choose its name?
- I have a big Black Lab named Memphis (our Belle Vernon office greeter). I have had him since he was a puppy and brought him home to unknowing parents haha. I got his name from Nicholas Cage’s character in Gone in 60 Seconds, Randal “Memphis” Raines.
- If all jobs had the exact same salary, which career would you want?
- Something with the outdoors, probably a hunting guide or National Park Ranger.
- Who’s someone you really admire?
- My dad. He is the most unselfish man I know, he always does things for other people putting the needs of others in front of his own. I also admire the fact he built our business from the ground up with no help into what it is today.
- What is your greatest achievement to date?
- I am proud to say that I am a 5th generation Freemason. I was able to become Master of my lodge and be able to do so while my father and grandfather watched.