Joyce W Rettura
Controller - x402
- What’s your earliest memory?
- Sitting with my grandmother on her front porch swing while she read to me.
- If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- I’m usually a classic rock kind of gal with some country thrown in for good measure. But Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers is probably one of the most beautiful songs ever.
- If you could choose one age to be forever, what age would it be and why?
- Late 40s. Young enough to still do whatever, whenever. Old enough to know better but still too young to care. And comfortable enough with who I was to be comfortable with myself…as is.
- What’s your favorite breakfast cereal?
- Captain Crunch with crunch berries. I don’t eat it much anymore because it isn’t adult healthy, but wow those berries are incredible!!
- Where was your first job?
- Picking rocks out of the fields in my family’s nursery business to make them easier to plant & for better plant growth. I made 25 cents an hour.
- What could you give a 30-minute presentation about with no advance preparation?
- Anything about plants or landscaping. I grew up in the nursery business and worked within that family business until I was 46. I have probably forgotten more than most people will ever care to know about trees & shrubs.
- What’s something that has surprised you about your chosen career path?
- It chose me. I went from working with my parents and siblings in a family business to working beside my husband and son in another. Both have had wonderful times and difficult times. It surprises me how hard it is for an outdoor gal to sit behind a desk all day.
- What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever received?
- Take care of your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves (from my grandpap, John Wilkinson, a true entrepreneur who started his businesses during the Great Depression)