Policyholder Service Specialist - x300
- Favorite thing to do when now working?
- Spending time with any of our 5 grandkids. They give me a new perspective on life with their innocence and enthusiasm.
- Favorite quote
- “Life is not fair.” Makes you realize that bad things happen to everyone and it doesn’t do any good to say “why me.”
- New skill to learn ?
- To be an excellent guitar player. I can’t imagine the feeling of standing in front of a large crowd and everyone cheering because you’re playing for them. After 10 years I’m still a hack at it.
- Favorite family tradition?
- Christmas dinner with the extended family, about 40+ people and growing. We’ve been doing it for many years and it’s great watching the youngsters grow up, seeing the new babies and meeting the new boyfriends/girlfriends and wondering which of them will become family members in the future. Great times and memories.
- Most influence on you growing up?
- My parents, they didn’t say much but they taught us by example that you get up every day and go to work to provide for your family, to go to church, to vote and to not complain when things go wrong. They showed us that your responsibility for your children doesn’t end when they leave your house and your obligation to your parents doesn’t end when you leave their house.
- Want to be when I was in elementary school?
- Early elementary school I wanted to be a cowboy, watching the Lone Ranger, Hopalong Cassidy, have Gun Will Travel, and all the other cowboy shows on television back then made it seem like the best thing in the world. Later elementary school I wanted to be an astronaut. Who wouldn’t want to be strapped on top of a rocket and blast into space. I’d still like to do that.
- If all jobs had the same salary what career would you want?
- Archeologist, how interesting would it be to dig through ruins of ancient civilizations and try to piece together how normal people lived their daily lives.
- How do you describe what you do for a living?
- I get to talk to a lot of good people. Sometimes they want me to help them with their insurance problems.